The parish of Christ Church Coronado welcomes you! We hope that you will find this website helpful as you seek to find a church home. We are located across the Coronado Bay Bridge, just minutes from downtown San Diego, in the village of Coronado at the corner of Ninth Street and C Avenue.
Upcoming Events & News
This week at Christ Church:
- Men's Bible Study - Tuesday, 6:30 a.m. - Hinde Hall
- Pancake Supper - Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. - Hinde Hall
- Yoga - Tuesday, 5:00 p.m. - Hinde Hall - cancelled
- Ash Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. & 6:00 p.m - church
- Stations of the Cross - Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. - church
- Soup Supper - Wednesday, 7:15 p.m. - Hinde Hall
- AA Meeting - Friday, 6:00 p.m. - Hinde Hall
- Adult Forum - Sunday, 9:00 a.m. - Hinde Hall
For the most up-to-date information on parish events see our weekly
Ash Wednesday - March 5, 2014
The Way of the Cross - walk the stations of the cross with the Daughters of the King, in the church each Wednesday in Lent at 5:30 p.m beginning March 5.
Eucharist and imposition of ashes
8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The 6:00 p.m. service is followed by a soup supper in the parish hall. Those attending are invited to contribute a cup of diced vegetables for the "stone soup" - bring them to the kitchen prior to the service. Dinner will be served immediately after the service.
Soup suppers will continue each Wednesday through Lent. They are followed by a Lenten Study. Parishioners are encouraged to come to soup supper for the meal and fellowship, even if they are unable to stay for the study group. For more on the Lenten study click here....
Some thoughts about Lent from Charlette Presler, middle school youth leader....